PVDF-FL transfer membranes for Western transfer with fluorescent detection.
Advansta offers a large selection of nitrocellulose and polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) transfer membranes for immunoblotting applications. All membranes are optimized for compatibility with a wide range of protein stains and enzyme-based detection systems, specifically with chemiluminescent substrates.
The WesternBright PVDF membranes provide durability and high tensile strength for ease of handling. The PVDF-FL membranes are perfect for fluorescent detection.
- Pore Size: 0.22μm
- Thickness: 135μm
- Binding Interaction: Hydrophobic
- Typical Protein Binding Capacity: 300 μg/cm2
- Detection Methods: Fluorescence & total protein staining
- Immobilization Methods: Electrophoretic transfer of proteins
- Recommended Applications: Western transfer with fluorescent detection
- Availables as: pre-cut membranes: 7x9cm, 10x15cm, 13x18cm or roll 26x330cm (0.45 μm)
Which Membrane is right for you?
- Less expensive
- Binding capacity: 80-100ug/cm2
- Easily wetted prior to setting up the transfer
- Lower background
- Easy to block
- Use with chicken antibodies
- Comes in two pore sizes: 0.45um for proteins >20kDa & 0.2um for smaller proteins
- Very fragile
- Autofluorescent – cannot be used with fluorescent Westerns
- Not compatible with SDS
- Binding capacity: 150 to 160ug/cm2
- More expensive than nitrocellulose
- Very resilient to mechanical and chemical damage
- Compatible with fluorescent Westerns
- Compatible with SDS-containing buffers
- Requires activation step by wetting in methanol
show all products