Electroporation system primarily used for bacteria and yeast transformation
The ECM™ 630 is an exponential decay wave electroporation generator providing a broad range of voltage and time constants for full flexibility in varying applications. The ability to select the resistance and capacitance values and adjust the range of voltages is the key to achieving the optimal time constants and field strengths needed for efficient transformation of prokaryotes and for eukaryote transfection.
This system is an outstanding value for researchers working with bacteria, yeast, stem cell transfection, plant transformation and insect transfection. Flexibility is important to a researcher, so BTX has designed the ECM630 to be a plug and play system that easily transitions between standard cuvettes and 96-well electroporation plates using our high throughput plate handler.
- Large, easy to use color touchscreen interface
- Preset protocols for transforming the most common bacteria, yeast, and microorganisms
- High-Throughput Plate Handler setting for automatic processing of up to 96 samples at a time with an HT-200 Plate Handler
- Create, modify, and store up to 1,000 user defined protocols
- Enhanced Safety Features: Pre-pulse sample resistance check, arc protection, and over-current pulse abort
- Data Management: Experimental data log stores parameters of all pulses delivered and every sample resistance for QC and troubleshooting purposes
- Voltage range of 5 V to 3,000
- Capacitance range of 25 µF to 3,275 µF in 25 µF steps in LV mode; 10, 25, 35, 50, 60, 75, 85 µF in HV mode
- Resistance range of 25 ohm to 1,575 ohm in 25 ohm steps.
- Transformation of bacteria and yeast
- Transfection of mammalian cells
- Transfection of plant tissue and plant protoplasts
- High throughput 25- and 96-well electroporation
HIGH THROUGHPUT (HT) ELECTROPORATION
The High Throughput (HT) 96- and 25-well systems offer multi-well electroporation technology for processing multiple samples in seconds. Using the HT multi-well plates instead of traditional cuvettes, the researcher can transition from a single cuvette to either a 96-well or 25-well electroporation plate by using a plate handler. This increases yields and the number of experiment runs in a single day. Experiments take seconds to run, allowing for quick and efficient optimization of the electrical and biological parameters. Once optimized, samples are rapidly processed increasing yields and saving valuable time and money.
The key to the HT System is the combination of the ECM 630 Generator with the Plate Handler and multi-well plates. The Plate Handler holds the plates and delivers the pulse(s) to the wells using parameters set in the ECM 630 generator. The HT-100 Plate Handler provides manual track switching (45-0412, 45- 0422). New ECM 630 instruments are also compatible with HT-200 plate handlers for automatic processing of up to 96 samples at a time.
Addition of the ENHANCER 3000 allows the researcher to monitor and track key electrical parameters used in electroporation applications. The electrical pulse data is captured as both a graphic display of the wave form and electrical output values following each experiment.
show all products
7 inch color touchscreen interface
|Power Source Voltage||
100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz, CAT II Power 350 W (Pulsing), 35 W (Idle)
Type 3AG, 5 A, 250 V 1/4 x 1 1/4 in; Type T (time delay)
4° C to 40° C
20% to 80% RH, non-condensing
Internal self test upon start-up
Storage over 1000 Protocols
100 V to 240 VAC Universal
LV < 7 s, HV < 4 s
LV Mode 5 – 500 V in 1 V steps; HV Mode 505 – 3000 V in 5 V steps
LV Mode 25 µF to 3,275 µF in 25 µF steps; HV Mode 10, 25, 35, 50, 60, 75, 85 µF
LV Mode 25 ohm – 1,575 ohm in 25 ohm steps; HV Mode 50 ohm – 1,575 ohm in 25 ohm steps